The goals of the Finance Department are to:
- financially operate according to the terms and conditions of funding contracts and maintain a sound
- financial position for the Sagamok Anishnawbek
- ensure the effective and efficient use of human resources of the finance unit and all departments
- ensure that there is consistent and effective communications that continues to enhance the finance unit
- ensure that the finance unit operates within the accountability framework of Chief and Council
Finance Department Staff
- Kim Sissenah – Director of Finance
- Darlene Toulouse – Accounts Payable
- Andrew Owl – Accounts Receivable
- Roberta Swift – Payroll & Benefits Clerk
The Sagamok Anishnawbek finance department is committed to issuing cheques in a timely manner. The following deadlines have been established to ensure this. In order to maintain the quality of service, no exception will be made except for the cases that have been noted.
The following has been established for deadlines and the distribution of cheques:
Payroll is made by direct deposit every second Friday. The deadline for completed and approved timesheet submissions is Monday at 4:00 p.m. to the Payroll Clerk.
Medical Transportation Cheques
Medical transportation cheques are issued on Friday every two weeks.
Payments to Individuals or Suppliers
The deadline for submitting approved cheque requisitions is Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. In the event of a holiday falling on a Wednesday, the deadline will be Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. for submission of cheque requests. Please submit invoices or other required documents to the department that requested the goods/service in sufficient time for the department to authorize and forward it to the Finance Department by the deadline dates established.
Cheques will only be released on Friday at 3:00 p.m. (or Thursday at 3:00 p.m. in the event of a holiday falling on a Friday) for the purchase of goods and services, travel, honoraria, employee loans, co-signed loans, donations and financial assistance. If you will not available to pick up your cheque, please make arrangements for someone to pick it up for you.
Cheques will be issued as required for medical applications and travel assistance arising from the death or palliative care of an immediate family member.